Educational and research laboratory "Mathematical and
software technologies for modern computer systems (Information technologies)"
(ITLab) is a subdivision of faculty of Computional Mathematics &
Cybernetics (CMC) of Nizhny Novgorod state university (NNSU) and found with
support of Intel company.
Laboratory founding is realized for the purpose to solve the complex problem
of organization in NNSU stable system of well-qualified experts training in
modern computer technologies area (taking into account recomendations Computing
Curricula 2001 of international organizations IEEE-CS and ACM) for concerns and
organizations in information industry (including Intel company).
Main Laboratory tasks include:
- Analysis of existent methods of experts training in modern computer
- Preparation of recommendations system (that is based on aforesand
researches) for improvement the curriculum and educational programs of experts
training on the CMC faculty and other physico-mathematical faculties of NNSU;
- Development of new educational complexes on modern directions in
mathematical modeling and computational mathematics and in industrial
technologies of complex software engineering;
- Organization of different additional curriculums, based on new educational
complexes, cources and laboratory practical works, that are developing in
NNSU, other leading colleges and in information industry companies with the
assistance of leading scientific and technical experts, who are generally
recognized in our contry and abroad;
- Organization of seminars, conferences and competitions of educational and
scientific projects on subjects of survey with the assistance of native and
- Organization of financial support in the form of named scholarships and
grants for students, masters, candidates and young scientists, who are
well-known and taking part in scientific researches;
- Rendering assistance for existent in NNSU interfaculties master's program
"Mathematical models, modern computer technologies methods and software";
- Educational and reseach works by creative students and candidates groups
under the direction of leading experts of CMC faculty.